Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Just Another Tuesday

Life on a Tuesday for most consists of the usual routine... going to work, picking up the kids, attending class- or whatever might be on the agenda. This particular Tuesday in August reminded me of the simple joys in life, the times that come out of nowhere and become lasting memories.

On Tuesday afternoon, my good buddy Steven brought home what would become the best lunch these taste buds have ever experienced. With Steven's ability to cook- a meal that can only be found in the finest of restaurants became our middle of the afternoon lunch!

Steven was able to get his hands on almost a pound of fresh Ahi-Tuna steak. When I use the word "fresh" I am not talking about the labels on the outside of a package... I am describing to you the fact that literally hours before, the tuna was swimming off the island of Hawaii. The tuna was caught, packaged, and sent over night to Rex's Seafood- where we claimed our portion.

Shall we begin?

The first course consisted of raw tuna sliced carefully, dipped in home made wasabi sauce. The taste was exquisite. I felt as though I was dining in the best sushi restaurant you could find! But wait, it was just getting started...

While I was chopping and slicing a mix of carrots, onions, and zucchini- Steven was preparing the perfect pan seared tuna steak you could imagine. And so it was... lunch was ready.

The Menu

Fresh Hawaiian pan seared to perfection Ahi Tuna Steak with a homemade lemon cream sauce drizzled on top.

House veggies pan fried in extra virgin olive oil with sea salt, and cracked black pepper.

Homemade roasted red pepper dip with fresh cut celery.


And so we ate...






"Whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God."
- I Corinthians 10:31

3 comments:

  1. I love that you said "house veggies" :) I have to admit, it WAS good - even for someone who refuses to eat raw fish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog(actually found you through "The Movement - Dallas" and just wanted to say how informative and real you are in your articles and blogs! I recently lost 85 lbs and am currently eating much healthier - whole foods the way God made them. And your articles (along with others) are helping me teach a Sunday morning church class on health and nutrition. So, thank you!

    ReplyDelete